AIRPORT MASTER PLANNING (Classroom, 5 days)
The key to effective planning is a combination of strong processes, strategic long-term analysis, and attention to daily realities. Develop your strategic business planning skills and prepare a road map for operating your airport business and measuring its progress.
This course will help you understand the principles of demand forecasting and the forecasting process, incorporating new standards from the Airport Design Reference Manual (ADRM version 11, 2019). Study ways to design and implement reliable ground access, airside facilities, passenger processes, as well as security and baggage systems.
The course will be delivered on 27-31 July 2020
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have knowledge of airport layout, operations and facilities
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a master plan that integrates the strategic objectives of your business
- Apply reliable forecasting to your business
- Understand both terminal and airside capacity management
- Provide reliable passenger processes and services at your airport
- Airport strategic planning
- Forecasting demand
- Planning ground access
- Terminal capacity management
- Airside capacity, planning and management
- Capacity management using computer simulation
- Passenger terminal design and capacity management
- Concession planning
- Airport operations support and security systems
- Facilitation and security
- Passenger baggage systems
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airport managers in:
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.